Monday, February 18, 2008

Natural History Museum Sketches

We went to the Natural History Museum the other day and sketched some animals who were kind enough to stand very still for us for extended periods of time. Unfortunately, there are significant portions of the museum that are closed for renovation, but there is still enough to keep one busy for a while if pausing to sketch. They have a great collection of birds, and they wound up being some of my favorite animals to draw. They have such beautiful shapes and are quite stunning simply as objects of design.





6 comments:

Aaron said...

Cool Sketching Tim, I especially like the pelican drawing with the marker background

Tim Coleman said...

Again, I am uber impressed. Really nice sketches.

Jean said...

Awesome sketches, you perfect stranger, you! Very nice. I love the polar bear. He looks so soft and cuddly. I just want to give him a big hug.

Paul Hamblin said...

Good sketches. Nice amount of drawings on your page and they are composed very nicely. That will help a lot when you are making your book.

abeoh! said...

cool stuff tim! :d

Francis Vallejo said...

cool sketches, I'm liking the white highlights!