Thursday, March 13, 2008

Weekly Creature #001

Okay, so I've decided to do weekly themed drawings before (see the... um... 2 weekly robots I did... months ago...), but this time I really mean it! Well, by calling it "weekly," I feel like I'm at least making the commitment to do it regularly. Maybe you all can keep me on task and demand more creatures. Right now I'm not very good, but after a couple of months of weekly creatures, I should at least improve. Comments and crits welcome and encouraged!

As far as format, I kind of like the idea of doing them at a 3.5"x2" size, as that is a standard size for business cards. It might be kind of fun to print them off on business card sheets and trade 'em with friends. If anyone else is interested, let me know. We could trade them physically or just download 'em from each other's blogs and print 'em off ourselves. And why not throw vehicles/robotics/whatevers in there with it? Yeah, this could be kinda fun. Anyway, here's week #1:


4 comments:

Eric Hanson said...

will your creature packs come with bubble gum? otherwise i'm not interested! :) So, who is this guy and what does he do?

Tim Anderson said...

Who is your daddy, and what does he do? Well, Eric, my creature looks at... nevermind...

I'm not really sure. Let's say he's a jaguar-sized predator who snatches up naughty children who stay awake past their bedtime and feeds them to his young-- at least to those who go to bed on time.

Josh Kao said...

cool tim, I like the trading business card idea....its like pokemon, "gotta collect'em all!"

Paul Hamblin said...

Cool, nice rendering. Looks like a dirt shrew.